Sunday, January 12, 2014

Testimony of God

Let's try something different today.  I feel impressed to testify to you of the reality of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I know that He lives and that He loves us.  He died for us on the cross and rose again on the third day so that we could return to God's presence.

I know for myself that this is true.  I have felt an outpouring of God's love this past week.  It was the first week of the new semester and I sacrificed some of my time twice this week to go help some neighbors move.  The result?  From too much time in the cold I got a nasty cold/flu thing that made me miss one of my days of school.  But it all worked out.  I would help 100 more people move with the flu if I had the opportunity.

I got a random phone call on Friday from a good friend who was asking me if I would be willing to return to a very special choir called From the Heart here at BYUI.  I hadn't even thought about them, really.  But when he called, it just felt right, and I knew that Heavenly Father was directing me and guiding me down paths that I need to walk.  I know it will be a blessing in my life this semester.

I just want to put my feelings out there so that you all know that I love God.  I love Him and do not doubt He is there and that He is guiding my life.  He loves each and every one of us and wants us to return to His presence.

The reason this post is different is because I want to encourage you to respond.  Now that you've read my testimony, please respond with your own short testimony.  Tell us how you know God lives and loves you.  Feel free to do it in whatever language you want, and at whatever length you feel inspired.  I just want us all to benefit from our collective testimonies and experiences.  So please, share your feelings with us and we will respond in kind.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I also know my Heavenly Father lives and loves each and every one of us. I am so grateful for Him and His son, Jesus Christ. I know they love me by the many mighty miracles that I have daily. I don't recognize most of them, but I know that my Heavenly Father is there and will help me with anything I need. How blessed I am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too know that my Savior, Jesus Christ, loves me and knows me by name. I have felt his love and influence many times. I know that every time I stumble He is there to give me strength to try again. Sometime just when I am feeling low and alone He sends something into my life that reminds me of how close he is. There is a picture of the Savior walking on the water and Peter is walking to him. As Peter's faith wavers he begins to sink. This picture shows Peter reaching up to the Savior and the Lord is reaching down to lift him up. There is a song we sing in our church called "Where can I go for Peace" The third line reads "He answers privately, Reaches my reaching, In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching. Constant he is and kind, Love without end". I am a witness of his love. With all that is not stable in life today, He is my rock and my salvation, my Savior and King.

    ReplyDelete