Thursday, November 7, 2013

Husbands, love your wives.

The other day I was watching this YouTube video, and it really moved me.  Before you continue reading, I would invite you to watch it, it will only take a few minutes.

As I watched it, I couldn't help but imagine 40 years down the road, when that situation could possibly be me and Gauchay.  At that instant, I was filled with such a love and such an appreciation for my wife that I actually came kind of close to crying.  Gauchay is my soul mate, my other half, the love of my life.  I cannot imagine life without her, and I cannot comprehend how she can love me so much.

To all of you husbands out there, you need to know something: you have no idea how much your wife loves you.  You may think that you get it, that you understand.  "Yeah, she washes my dirty clothes for me and does the dishes.  She loves me."  Uh-uh.  That doesn't even begin to explain the love your wife has for you.

She puts aside so many of her own personal wants and wishes, to make you happy.  Do you remember that time that you came home from school or work and were just super frustrated?  Do you remember how she helped you and loved you?  How she massaged your neck and helped you calm down and relax?

Did you know that that specific day was also one of her hardest days ever, too?  But did she tell you?  No.  Did she act like it?  No.  She loved you.  That's how you know that she loves you.

Do you remember the time that you were lying in bed getting ready to sleep and she cuddled up next to you?  Do you remember how she whispered in your ear that she loved you and put her head on your shoulder?  Did you realize just how much she needed your comfort right then?  Did you comfort her?  Or just enjoy the moment for yourself?

Husbands, do you remember the date you got engaged?  The date of your first kiss?  Do you remember what you were wearing the day you met your wife?  Do you remember the date when your wife first conceived?  I know I don't.

But somehow this wonderful being named "wife" does.

Brethren, do you know why this is?  It's because you didn't marry a woman.  You married a daughter of God, with a bit more godly qualities than yourself.  You married someone that has more capacity to love than you may ever get in your life.  You married someone that is willing to sacrifice at any given moment her own personal priorities to make you happy.  You married someone that loves you for who you are and wants to show it to you all the time.

This is a wife, husbands.  This is a daughter of God.  And He has entrusted her to you.  So husbands, love your wives.

When she comes up to you when you get home from work and wants a hug, don't just half-heartedly hug her and keep walking.  Embrace her, pick her up and twirl her around.  Kiss her soundly.
When she cuddles up next to you at night, put your arm around her, kiss her on her forehead and express your love to her while massaging her back.
When she cleans the house and you finally notice it, don't just say "Thanks, hon."  Sincerely thank her, grab her in your arms, bend her over and kiss her till she can't breathe.  Then make her something delicious for dinner.
Marriage isn't just about getting, husbands, though wives seem to be quite content to give, and that's what makes them amazing.

Brethren, you have been entrusted with an angel.  Show her that that is what she is.

Husbands, love your wives.

No comments:

Post a Comment