Sunday, May 24, 2015

Come Unto Christ


I've discovered that life is hard.  Okay, I've actually known that for a while now, but leaving the college scene and feeling like a legitimate "adult" has been a bit of a shocker for us.  Life hit us hard.  All of a sudden our bills are bigger, I have less time in the day (even though I somehow thought that
would change once school was done), and I have a yard and a house to take care of.  Okay, the last one really isn't a problem, we definitely enjoy taking care of a property that is "ours".

But realizing that life is never going to get easier has caused me to think a lot on what I really want in my life and what is most important.  The name of this blog is Christian Family Values.  In it we hope to write those things that are most important for a family to remain centered on Christ.  And so as I've pondered this question of what to do with my life and what doctrines I need to focus on to keep my family centered on Christ, I continually have come back to that which is most important: Christ.

Yeah, yeah, I know it seems simple, maybe even cliché, but it is the truth.  So I've asked myself, how
is my relationship with Jesus Christ?  How well do I know Him?  Do I really know Him?


Ezra Taft Benson, a latter-day prophet, said the following about living a Christ-centered life:

When we live a Christ-centered life, “we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ” (2 Ne. 25:26). We “receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love” (Jacob 3:2). Even when Nephi’s soul was grieved because of his iniquities, he said, “I know in whom I have trusted. My God hath been my support” (2 Ne. 4:19–20).We remember Alma’s counsel: “Let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever. Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings” (Alma 37:36–37).“Remember, remember,” said Helaman, “that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, … that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, … [they] shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery” (Hel. 5:12).
I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.  I invite all of us, myself most of all, to come unto Christ.  We all know of things we can do better to come unto Him.  Above are highlighted just a few things we can do to live a Christ-centered life.  I know that as we come closer to Christ that His spirit and His love will envelop us and strengthen us.  Most of all, walking the path that Christ walked, following in His footsteps, will bring us back to our Father in Heaven, where we can live with our families forever.

To close, I just ask that you watch this video and listen to the music.  I'm not so sure about the slideshow that goes with the music, but at least listen to the music and follow its counsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment